Oval Ceiling Dome
We can make a ceiling dome fit into any shape room. Need an oval shaped dome with a flat profile. No problem. Want an oval dome that's got a half-round profile. Just tell us what you need.
Oval Ceiling Domes are a snap with Fast Arch of America's dome system. You just provide us a few simple measurements, tell us what profile you prefer, and we'll do the rest. Your dome will arrive exactly the way you want it. And set up is a snap. We give you complete directions for the framing. Once that's in, your dome can be done in just an hour or two because everything "just fits."
You'll also appreciate our precision design when it come to doing the sheet rock work. Because everything is laid out so accurately you won't spend a lot of time trying to fit individual pieces of sheetrock. And our design gives you more members and more attachment points, to make it the easiest dome system ever.
Want your dome recessed? Need a light ring? Going to hang a heavy chandelier? We've already thought of that. We can help you design anything you can imagine. Think you can stump us? Give it a try.
How to Measure and Order a Fast Arch Ceiling
Installing our Ceiling Domes
Installing a Fast Arch Ceiling Dome is quick and easy:
- Start with the oval framing. Each arch comes with detailed instruction on the number of support studs and the spacing for them. We also have a solution for creating the circular framing using a Curved Radius Track header and footer.
- After your studs at installed, start by accurately measuring and marking the drop on each of the studs. We can supply a metal "cylinder" that will make this process quicker.
- Now install the first arch. (See the instruction for installing a Zip Arch). Be sure to press it into place and align it with the drop line. Lock it into place with two nails or screws going into the stud.
- Go to the opposite side of the dome and install the second arch in the same manner.
- The next step is to install a pair of arches that are perpendicular to the first pair.
- Now that you have the center of the arch defined, install the "Oculus." The oculus is the ring that joins all the arches in the center top of the dome. It's open so you can easily install lighting at the top of the dome (NOTE: electrical boxes and fixtures should be secured to a joist, not the arch. The arch is not designed to accomodate the weight of chandeliers or other fixtures.)
- Finish the dome by adding the remaining arches in order around the circumference.
- ALWAYS WORK FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP WHEN INSTALLING THE INDIVIDUAL ARCHS
- Electrical boxes and fixtures must be secured to a ceiling joist - not the arch.
- For easier layout of the circular studs, we have designed a radius track that can be used with wood or metal studs. The track will ensure your curves are exactly aligned and install in minutes.
- For even easier installation on wood framing, Fast Arch has designed a double-faced magnetic hammer. A 3/4" roofing nail can be driven through the arch nailing flange and into the wood with a single stroke. This tool allows even very large arches to be installed by a single person and speeds installation time. For more information on this tool and its availability, please call us.