Barrel Ceiling - Installing a Barrel Ceiling
Page 3 of 3
Installing an Barrel Ceiling
How To Ceiling: Barrel Ceilings
- The first step is installing an arch. We've got a detailed description in our Arches pages.
- Make sure you have a level line at the drop point. If you would lie, we can supply a metal guide track that will help ensure your halways stays straight and level.
- Start at one end of the hall or room or work your way through to the other end.
- ALWAYS WORK FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP
- There may be an overlap or gap of up to 1" between the two half-arches. The final appearance of the arch will not be affected.
- For even easier installation on wood framing, Fast Arch has designed a double-faced magnetic hammer. A 3/4" roofing nail can be driven through the arch nailing flange and into the wood with a single stroke. This tool allows even very large arches to be installed by a single person and speeds installation time. For more information on this tool and its availability, please call us.